All people who were waiting for ICS 4.0 firmware for Motorola Razr XT 910 have something to cheer as over a period of article, we’ll be checking a detailed tutorial to update Motorola Razr XT 910 with Official ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.
Be aware that this update has not been officially released for all countries, it would shortly pushed as a global update in a slow manner by Motorola. Still, we do not any info about the time it would be pushed as a global update.
Still, you can apply this update by following the steps mentioned in this article. This ICS Update is officially pushed via Brazil and is dubbed as the version number as 651.167.3370.XT910. As this one is a boot loader free update, you can apply it irrespective of which country your device belongs to.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Motorola Razr XT 910 with Official ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only Motorola Razr XT 910. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Update Motorola Razr XT 910 with Official ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Transfer the ZIP file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache. Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the ICS Android 4.0 ROM ZIP file as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Congrats! You’ve successfully updated your Motorola Razr XT 910 Android device with Official ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.